Introducing Datsusara’s first limited edition 100% Hemp Jiu Jitsu Gi – the Datsusara Napier Special Edition Hemp Gi. We spend a lot of time testing and redesigning our gis. Testing is crucial to the evolution of our product as we don’t want to make just another gi with new colors and branding, we want a better gi. The Datsusara Napier Special Edition Hemp Gi has been tailored to be a little more fitted and overall than our previous gis. Also, these gis have a slightly tighter weave, giving them less shrinkage and a little less stretch while you roll.
The Original Datsusara Hemp Combat Gi was the worlds first 100% Hemp Gi made for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. We have been proudly making Hemp BJJ gis since 2008. This special edition is the next evolution in our line of premium hemp jiu jitsu gis.
Due to the properties of hemp, the gi naturally fights microbes like staph and other nasties, breathes well, is 4X as strong as cotton, and is environmentally friendly too. Their great for rolling in any weather and so comfortable you could wear them as pajamas on off days.
- Made of durable 100% Hemp (Why Hemp)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu style weave and cut
- Jacket made of a 17oz (580gsm) long fiber weave (very breathable)
- Pants made of 11oz (376gsm) long fiber twill
- Total gi weight: A0-A5 3.6-5lbs (1.6-2.3kg)
- UVA foam collar
- Braided cord draw string, easy to get in and out of
- Reinforced stitching for strength and durability
- Machine washable: Due to the properties of the hemp blend the gi actually gets softer and more comfortable with each wash while retaining it’s strength, it wears in rather than wearing out
- Featuring the Japanese Mon (crest) representing hemp on the left arm and upper center back